The bold statement lip has been a must-have accessory for a while now,
with bright Reds, vibrant Oranges and Pinks being sported by anyone
who’s anyone. This Autumn Winter season is still all about the bold
lip, turning to more deep plums/burgundy and berry shades as seen at
Marni, Prada & Louis Vuitton. However, fret not red lippy lovers, the
red lip isn’t going anywhere, as it was seen yet again at shows such as
La Perla, Marc Jacobs & by far the boldest at Nina Ricci.
For bold lips, keep skin fresh, flawless and dewy, teamed with well
groomed/defined brows, and just a slick of mascara. Or if you want
that vampy look, team your burgundy lips with a smokey eye!
Here are my top tips for the perfect long-lasting bold lips;
– Start by exfoliating lips, using a soft baby toothbrush to gently
remove any dry skin.
– Follow this by applying a good nourishing lip balm, I love Carmex
balms. Leave to soften lips for 5 -10 mins, then blot excess balm with
– Taking a concealer the exact colour match of your skin, conceal your
lips and outer lip edge, this will allow the true colour of your
lipstick to show, cancelling your natural lip colour which can alter
your chosen lipstick shade.
– Use a lip barrier pencil, like Urban Decays Ozone lip liner, around
the outer edge of your lips to prevent bleeding and feathering.
– Using a lip liner the exact match of your chosen lipstick shade,
line your lips and fill in, using the lip liner to colour the whole of
– Using your chosen lipstick shade apply to your lips with a lip
brush, I prefer an angled synthetic brush which allows you to create
sharpe defined edges. Blot with tissue and re-apply! Voila perfect
bold AW13 lips that last all day!